The University of Alabama has taken a proactive approach to limit the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of all guests, faculty, staff and students are top priorities for the University. Guests are required to wear a mask when on UA transportation. Please feel free to bring your own mask or a disposable mask will be provided. Guests are not required to wear a mask when outside. We will ask any guest who displays symptoms related to COVID-19, has experienced symptoms related to COVID-19 in the past fourteen (14) days or who has come in contact with someone with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past fourteen (14) days not to participate in our campus tour. Our team is regularly cleaning our facilities, practicing social distancing and will have limited the number of guests per campus tour experience. To learn more about UA’s response and action plans for COVID-19, please visit https://healthinfo.ua.edu.
You will receive an email that includes information about whether your campus tour will begin in the Undergraduate Admissions Welcome Center or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Most weekday tours begin in the Undergraduate Admissions Welcome Center, located on the second floor of the Ferguson Student Center in room 2300.
Arriving on Campus
- To allow time for parking and check-in, please arrive on campus at least thirty minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- To avoid receiving a parking ticket, please sign in with our admissions recruiter before your tour. We will provide a parking hangtag, which must be displayed on your rear-view mirror while parked on campus
- Due to limited space on the tour, we cannot guarantee space for guests who have not registered online. If you determine that you need to register additional guests, please complete a second online registration and include the total number in your party with your 2nd registration. The second registration cancels the 1st registration.
- Admissions recruiters are available to speak with families at your convenience. Prior appointments are not necessary.
- Please be prepared for the tour by wearing comfortable shoes and dressing appropriately for the season. To check the weather forecast for Tuscaloosa, visit www.weather.com and enter 35401 as the ZIP code.
- Remember: The University of Alabama operates in the Central time zone. All tour times are displayed in Central time.
- A map of the university is available at ua.edu/map
Please note that a portion of the tour is a walking tour. To request special accommodations, please include specific needs in the comment section of the registration form.
Service animals (dogs that are trained to perform work or tasks for a person with a disability) are welcome on campus and can accompany their owners on campus tours. Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed on university tours under any circumstances.